Brookwood Elementary is a Georgia STEM certified school currently serving 675 students in pre-k through 5th grade.
Beliefs, Vision, Mission
As a school in the Dalton Public Schools district, Brookwood Elementary shares the following beliefs with our friends and colleagues:
- Each student is unique and can learn more at higher levels.
- Students give their attention and commitment when provided engaging experiences.
- Literacy is fundamental for success in all pursuits and necessary for lifelong learning.
- Together, we achieve more. Each individual is a learner, teacher, designer, and leader.
- Education is essential to the well-being of each individual, the economy, and our democratic way of life.
All of us in our district aspire to a vision where each student engages in interesting, challenging, satisfying experiences that result in profound learning in academic disciplines, synthesis, creativity, respect and ethics so that each student is a contributing citizen of the world.
Therefore, it is our mission at Brookwood to know our students, to work together, and to assure learning in a culture of excellence and innovation.